Free Vectors for Laser Cutting!

This site has over 15,000 files free to download. SVG, DXF, and CDR. (Removed link, apparently stolen files on the site) :frowning:

Have fun!
Martha

19 Likes

Awesome! And Happy Easter! :rabbit2:

3 Likes

Happy Easter, Jules!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the link though it seems a just a teensy, tiny bit convoluted to do a download.

Happy Easter.

1 Like

Yes, it’s confusing!

I came across this site yesterday - it seems like it’s filling the gap for a few earlier sites that have disappeared.

8 Likes

Another fine rabbit hole you got me into!

thanks

1 Like

Awesome!

This is a gem of a repository. I paid the $40/year because it is worthy of support.

3 Likes

I had subscribed to this as well…and also @ChristyM, I believe. It IS an amazing resource and I loved that I could just open it from the dock on my Mac. We, however found out after the fact (it’s pretty well-hidden on the website), that for every image we use on something being sold, there is a charge of $2.99. I believe sincerely in paying artists for their work, but there’s no way I could afford this for any of the small things I was making to sell. Very disappointed. But, if you’re not selling anything, it’s great.

1 Like

Ah, yes— there it is. Man, that is buried.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still annoyed by that one. I subscribed for the year. :frowning: I also believe strongly in compensating creatives for their work, but it seems a bit much for an icon. I’m not much of an artist, but I think I’m going to have to try drawing some of my own.

3 Likes

Same here. My subscription was up just this month, I think…but, I stopped using it way before that. And, I totally agree…$3 for an icon is a bit steep. I’m going to be working on my drawing skills, limited as they are, too. Big bummer.

1 Like

This is an interesting grey area. If you have a noun pro account you can use the icons for commercial use, just not for re-sale.

1 Like

It seems like a common distinction. I just wish it was more clear. I think most people who are using design files see commercial use and think they can use it on products for sale. I feel like it’s a bait and switch to post this on your sales page and then elsewhere specify not for resale. And this site has the info really hidden away.

3 Likes

I agree. And because they bury it away on their website it feels like they know it’s a problematic position to take. They’re effectively ducking the conversation until they’ve got you hooked (& potentially infringing).

Not to mention their pricing. Everyone with anything that gets added to someone else’s product seems to take the position that their component has a disproportionate share of the value of the product. Or they think the end product can be sold for a price far above what it is so their piece isn’t so large a percentage.

Just another reminder to read everything you’re agreeing to on a website :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Plus, this could seem subjective in some cases. Like the pins I made. I would ‘choose’ to think that my pin design and my hand-coloring create more value than the icon I used. But, that’s self indulgent, I guess.

1 Like

It’s so important to read the TOS, but what are you supposed to do when they bury the specifics elsewhere? I’m not sure it would hold up in court for them if they wanted to sue over a breach.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.