French Napkin Holder

About an inch over the top, just to let the steam get onto it. (I’ve got a little travel garment steamer around here somewhere…that would be even better, although you’d still need an iron for the heat application.

Yeah…wow! :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice fit there!

In furniture repair a technique for raising a dent is to use a burn in tool, think soldering iron with an inch wide blade. Moisten a piece of rag or paper towel and rest the iron on it long enough (I just know of the technique not the procedure) for it to steam the crushed fibers and they will swell.
Generally moisture will raise the grain to a degree depending on type of wood so cutting (sanding) a new surface may be required.
Also as Dan said drying tends to shrink material.

4 Likes

Good to know! (Such a neophyte with the woodworking aspects of this.)

2 Likes

But you developed that technique independently! You have a working concept of materials, aquired the hard way - experience. And the journey continues…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m always good taking a hint or two from folks who actually know what the heck they are doing …saves having to re-invent the wheel! Chuckle! :wink:

2 Likes

You have more experience than me, I only knew of the technique - never hands-on.

2 Likes