Fridge Magnet Autos

There is always command strips and magnetic boards :grin:

1 Like

Dang, what a shame. If not for the accident it might still be going today.

1 Like

Thanks, and best of luck with those magnet ideas.

That would take the prize, for sure. I’ll have to look that up and see if I can get any tips.

Yeah, our fridge has a stainless steel door, but the side not next to a wall is covered with magnets, those we’ve bought on our travels and a few of my own. My wife bought me some cheap metal stands at a craft store and I have to display the overflow in the living room. :slight_smile: It makes for a unique display though.

1 Like

Thanks. I haven’t tried to decorate any yet, but I have given thought to trying to engrave mud on a Jeep design.

Thank you to everyone for the compliments.

I’ve had several people thinking of buying a laser cutter ask me my thoughts about the glowforge when they see my work, and I always tell them the user community is a valuable feature that comes with owning one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be my vote for best car ever. Got up to 50 mpg. Was so aerodynamic that a hard sudden side wind would actually send it up wind a bit (actually a problem when the wind pushed the oncoming traffic down wind).

The steering was tight to the point of harsh I could almost twist my thumb and make a U-turn, never had a car since that the steering did not feel loose. Was rugged to the point that when it was running rough I went to the mechanic and it was pointed out that the intake manifold had fallen away.

Another time the float valves were overflowing and discovered that the hinges had worn through, and it was the second set as the originals had been replaced with brazing rod. And I found records that it sold brand new for $1,600. Not changing the design much meant little retooling and a small parts list, and that fewer parts than any since. There were three ohv engines in all the years 1400-1600-and 1800 cc and many of the parts went to all three.

2 Likes

Great job!!

2 Likes

Absolutely love these! Nice job.

2 Likes

Now to be fair you need to make some magnets of refrigerators to put on the Auto dashboard.

1 Like

The detail of your cars is fantastic.

1 Like

Wow! These are fantastic! I am not sure if this is allowed and please forgive me if not as I am new here but, by chance are you selling a file for these? I have a very dear friend that lost her son several years back and she always has a toy VW beetle in all of her photos to remember him. I would really love to make her one. If you are selling or decide to sell the file(s) please let me know. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you.
I believe they have a rule against advertising on the forums, but I doubt a request is breaking any rules. :slight_smile:

If you are just going to make a gift as a memento for a friend, I wouldn’t charge you for it.

I wish there was a way to share a design in the dashboard with another forge, I’d just do it that way so you could avoid the import/setup. #suggestionbox
But alas, sharing requires sending a file.

If you’re still interested send me a message and we’ll see what we can do.

Advertising (i.e. posting a link to your etsy store) is perfectly acceptable.

1 Like

Ah, I did not know that. Thank you.

In that case anyone who’s interested in owning a miniature, laser engraved, auto-inspired knick knack should visit laserwheels.etsy.com and check out the selection.

2 Likes

This is so much fun and so creative, really makes me think about the matchbox cars as a kid and how much fun they were. Or wacky packs, garbage pail kids and the myriad of other collectables.

Thanks for sharing. Fun memories.

2 Likes