Friends hackerspace logo art pieces

Some friends of mine run a hackerspace (makerspace) called the Rabbit Hole, they gave me a dxf of their logo and I used Inkscape to convert it to svg. Then made these:

Using medium draftboard and walnut veneer proofgrade materials. Came out pretty nice.

58 Likes

Came out very nice–they’ll be thrilled!

3 Likes

Sweet! I’m fond of the one on the right, but you have the right idea. The positive you cut leaves a negative :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was intending to just make the one on the right, but I figured “why not use the left over pieces to make the inverse.” It came out pretty decent too.

Might not be clear from the pics, but the walnut veneer is cut out on the right one where the whiteboard pieces are and those pieces are set into the spaces in the left one.

5 Likes

Sweet logo for a hackerspace. Smart to make the inverse, too!

5 Likes

Very cool. I’m not sure what I’m seeing. Are those inlayed? What’s the black shading made out of?

1 Like

I think they’re just shadows. Pretty awesome!!

1 Like

The black you see is shadows and the laser burn on the white wood inside edges where it was cut.

Pretty cool how thin the material got on the draftboard!

Hey great job!

1 Like

Measured with calipers, and the thin parts are mostly 0.5 mm, but the thinnest part (between the teeth) is 0.35 mm.

1 Like