Frost rings and boxes

Uv resin rings and boxes made on the forge

48 Likes

You did a great job. I love that they glow. What did you use to make them glow?

4 Likes

strontium aluminate powder

9 Likes

Strontium aluminate powder for the win! One ring to rule them all. Your work is fantastic.

12 Likes

Feel Free to check out my stuff Login • Instagram

Love these! Very cool.

4 Likes

OMG_—- so simple but so unique. How long does the ring glow with the powder? Forever, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, etc.

I see all types of jewelry and things.

Bracelets, chokers, anklets, toe rings, hair accessories, keychains, Christmas ornaments, dog tags, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Its radio active so forever. Dont worry its safe

6 Likes

A beautiful design. I love it.

1 Like

Yellowheart wood also fluoresces strongly in UV light,

All is gorgeous stuff.

3 Likes

Those look fantastic. How did you make the rings? Kind of like infinity stones.

2 Likes

Uv Resin and Strontium Aluminate powder

2 Likes

All around awesomeness! From the rings to the boxes.

2 Likes

Love the little boxes!! Do the lids slide or just sit on top? And those rings!! I told my husband the other day when we were at Hobby Lobby and looking around, that I’d seen a lot of stuff on Pinterest where people were making stuff out of resin, and then quickly assured him that although I would love to try it, I’ve got enough on my plate right now to start something new. I still have ring and bracelet cutting tools that attach to a drill press that I bought last year and haven’t tried yet. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Rookie question, you use your glowforge to cut them as well? What type of resin do you use? Would love to try that once my machine arrives in a few weeks!

The lids are friction fit. Used calipers to get the inside dementions of the box. Used the gf app to make the square the exact size and glue it togeather

4 Likes

So I’m confused - the lid doesn’t close then? It’s only on part of the top so you always see the ring inside?

Those rings are the coolest!

1 Like

The top is removable !