FRUSTRATED with software and unit

Is there a possibility that there is a problem with my unit? I have so many problems… When I upload multiple files to cut or burn- sometimes it works but often it kicks me out or gives me problem code. Copy and paste only works part of the time. I am so frustrated with the software I could pull my hair out. I am sure that I am using it correctly. Is it normal for it to not work correctly if too many files are added for cutting or engraving?!? I use this to make leather jewelry and I am just beyond stressed. I just reuploaded files for the second time to engrave it and cut and twice it has given me an error code and when I go back in- half of my work is wiped out again!!! Please HELP!!!

Are you uploading one file then engraving and cutting or multiple files at a time then starting the process?

I upload one file at a time while it may have engraving and cutting all together it’s just one file. I have tried to upload two file and got an error. Also if there is a lot of engraving and cutting you may try to break it into two separate files and upload one at time…

I upload multiple files at a time. I use it to make leather earrings. I could do one file at a time but it would make this so laborious!!!

Try uploading one file at a time and see if that works. It may be the uploading of multiple files causing the error.

2 Likes

It would also help the Support team if you provided a date and time (including your timezone) for one of the errors. Along those same lines, they will want to know which error message you encountered (screenshots are great).

This may not work with your workflow, but I’ve had the best results when I create a single file with all the elements needed for a particular project (cut lines, scores, and engraving all in different colors so that the UI will separate the operations). Duplication is likewise best achieved in design software, not the UI. Best of luck getting this sorted out.

2 Likes

Also note that a lot of files may mean a lot of engrave time. Currently the GF will not accept a print job that exceeds ~3.5 hours. Doesn’t take much print area to exceed that if the lines per inch is set high. You will get some obscure error if you get one at all.

1 Like

You might also benefit from this:

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble, but I’m afraid we’ll need some more details in order to investigate your report.

As @ej.james suggested, could you please provide a detailed description of the steps you’re taking when you encounter these errors, including what the error messages say?

If possible, could you also provide a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to show as much of the browser screen as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Reply with the screenshot (if you’d rather not post it on this thread, you can email it to support@glowforge.com), and we’ll be happy to take a look.

it’s actually easy to add multiple files. there’s a button right under the materials labeled “add artwork.” click on that, load another file in, and you have artwork from two different files on the same GFUI screen at the same time.

1 Like

You can drag new files in too. (Desktop)

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.