Full-size Plague Doctor Mask

I’ve been seeing so many plague masks around here that it inspired me to bust out the pattern I got some time ago from DieselpunkRo

Items Needed:

• ability to convert a pdf pattern to SVG
  • all the veg tanned leather
  • so much black dye
  • miles of waxed cotton cord
  • a cool coat ( I didn’t have one)
  • millions of rivets, snaps, buckles
  • 5 to 6 hours
  • patience
  • a new manicure

51 Likes

The nails tell it all. Wow!

1 Like

This is after lots of scrubbing with soap, nail polish remover, etc.

Good thing I’m working from home for the foreseeable future!

3 Likes

I think it is great. One summer I worked at a factory doing spot welds on tool boxes. Sheet metal work. My fingers were black from the sparks. All my shirts had holes in them. My glasses had spark marks. I was quite proud of the calluses that developed. It was about six months before they all disappeared. Beauty of another kind.

5 Likes

Yes, totally agree.

1 Like

Wow, great job! Not only is it visually stunning, but I’m guessing it would be pretty effective in today’s plague. Maybe not in keeping it out, but certainly in keeping it in.

3 Likes

I love it! Great job!

2 Likes

Cool mask! I love DieselpunkRo’s patterns.

2 Likes

Very impressive!

1 Like

That looks so cool. I really don’t want to get into leather work for these though, but I’m sorely tempted :smiley:

2 Likes

AWESOME! I really need to make one of these to go out to the store in, just for the laughs and strange looks I would get from other people. LOL

2 Likes

the nails kinda go right along with the mask

Great job. It looks great

1 Like

would you ever share this design?
This is an amazing project.
WOW impressed
Thank you

That is amazing! Awesome craftsman(woman)ship!:clap::clap::clap::pray::pray::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Hi Sherry, this is a purchased design that I converted to laser-compatible. Site you can purchase patterns from.

2 Likes

Amazing! So worth the black fingernails!

2 Likes

Still great. #necrogame

2 Likes

:heartpulse: