Fun for Friday

My first car was a Pacer. I loved that thing. Lots of room, pretty comfy (except in winter - leather seats weren’t heated then), that bullet proof cast iron straight six, easy to work on. Perfect for just starting out in life. I miss that thing :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I had a girlfriend with a pacer. Besides the less than attractive looks the doors were designed in such a way that when it snowed or rained whenever you opened the door either big clumps of snow or rain would fall right on the middle of the seat.

3 Likes

Hey! It was bootiful! I had a cream colored sedan with red interior. All that glass for great visibility.

And I could put a 6 ft sub sandwich across the back :grinning:

3 Likes

I love this plaque.

As an IT Operations Manager at Ford, this entire thread is perfect.

Absolutely NO Deploys to Production on Friday or before a holiday, like Christmas shutdown or Easter.

4 Likes

An uncle had either a Gremlin or a Pacer and I had friend whose parents had an AMC Eagle.

Come on everyone, deploy it and then go on vacation or otherwise run IT short-staffed. It’s like fixing that one bug before the big demo. What could possibly go wrong?

3 Likes

“I only changed one line.” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

This was in a Pacer…

14 Likes

Did you work in one of the Dearborn sites? I grew up a few houses down from the engineering buildings ( on Military - off elmdale)

I work in a building in Dearborn that was a corn field 20 years ago. Ford is int he process of updating all of those old Engineering buildings that are now more than 60 years old. I also live in west Dearborn near Ford Rd and Telegraph.

My wife and I refer to ourselves as bi-coastal as we spend the week in Dearborn and most weekends on Lake Michigan.

2 Likes

It’s changed soooooo much in the past 30 years (so sad to see “Dearborn” mentioned so often in the news and on tv shows now for other reasons (not going there in this forum)). I remember when levagood was called “seashore” and was a round pool. Ford field (military off Michigan Ave in west Dbn) used to host fireworks. Fairlane was built and had the monorail from the Hyatt, Calvin theater… sigh… (My parents are buried right there on Ford/telegraph). I worked at Bryant school for a while (went to Edison). Stay warm !!

sorry… was getting nostalgic - friends still live there, but no plans to return (maybe head in the area to hit Cedar Point)

1 Like

I grew up in Livonia (near Joy and Merriman) and then after a year overseas moved to Dearborn Heights (near Ford and Telegraph) for a year or two. A lot has changed since we moved in the mid-70’s.