Functional Part

Not artsy at all but the type of thing I got this machine for. This is a holder for pogo contacts that I had been producing in a cnc mill. The problem with the mill is the the tinny cutters dull fast in acrylic and break and they are not cheep. So here it is using a few different powers for varying engrave depths. As an added bonus its faster that machining!

From here they get the lead soldered on and is then fill with epoxy.

47 Likes

I don’t do electronics work, but I imagine working with Pogo pins can be pretty tough and Glowforging this tool should really help!

3 Likes

This is exactly the sort of thing I bought mine for, micro machining without the hassle of CNC set up and delicate tools. Well done for showing it is possible.

9 Likes

excellent!

2 Likes

That’s a nice depth on the engraves too. (I def. appreciate the useful projects.) :grinning:

4 Likes

That is so cool! We’ve used our 'forges for prototyping electronics test fixtures and it makes the process so much easier. Never tried a cross-sectional approach like you’re doing though.

5 Likes

Thanks! It’s a strange orientation but it’s actually a component in a product rather a test fixture.

1 Like

Impressive!