Functional pocket art

I got a screamin’ deal on this super sweet avocado colored leather and just had to turn it into a sick wallet. The preciseness of a clean, repeating geometrical pattern makes my inner exacting nerd extremely stoked. Add to that the fact that the holes on the various leather pieces align perfectly for easy, uniform stitching and I’m over here having a private OCD crafting party for one.

72 Likes

Nice job! I like that avocado color too! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Really nice … Even stitching!

3 Likes

Enjoy your OCD party and that terrific wallet.

3 Likes

Woweee! Love it! I would be very OCD myself about that.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

3 Likes

Nice design. I’m 51% sure I’m not OCD, (but I missed a dang good opportunity) :grin:. I’m thinking how crisp it would look with a border just inside the stitches… ok, maybe 49% sure…
Anyway… looks really good…and who doesn’t like pretty leather? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You’re not a true OCD unless you list it alphabetically (CDO).

7 Likes

Your A seems to have fallen down. Must… fix…

:slight_smile: really though cool design

6 Likes

Neurosis approved! Nice work!

3 Likes

Do you happen to write for the J. Peterman catalog? I love your description. Nice work too.

5 Likes

Your stitching looks awesome. I doubt a machine could have done any better. Beautiful work. :grinning:

2 Likes

Haha! I just had to google on over to J.Peterman to understand the reference. That was an entertaining little jaunt!

6 Likes

But no story about walking through the side streets of Venice and crossing back and forth over the canals to be inspired for the design to truly replicate J Peterman catalog description… (I have to admit, many years ago I did get some things from them, all which I loved).

5 Likes

Oh, I too bought some amazing things from J.Peterman. And, just as they intended, I loved reading their catalog. Cannot forget either, the Seinfeld episodes when Elaine worked for JP. Hilarious.

6 Likes

Oooooo, lovely, sleek design. It works perfectly with the geometric surface treatment. It looks perfect!

2 Likes

Love the pattern!

2 Likes

Hi! The wallet looks great! However, most colored leathers contain chromium and other chemicals which are toxic to burn. I use the raw laser safe leather from glowforge which produces great results. Then I hand paint and apply finish on the leather after it is laser cut.

Most, not all…

3 Likes

Thank you! I will look for it at Tandy!