Funny Sign

My friend asked me if I could make her this sign… I thought it was really funny so I’m sharing it here. I spelled it correctly, though. lol

![trespasser%20sign%203%20mj|690x414]

42 Likes

For some reason the svg file doesn’t load correctly. I’m uploading a zip file, maybe that will work.

trespasser sign mj.zip (54.3 KB)

4 Likes

One of my favorites! (I need to make a few of those to hand out to DH’s shooting buddies.)

2 Likes

Looks really cool… What caliber of round?

1 Like

Don’t have a clue!

Well done. Cute.

2 Likes

Very nice! I made one a while back as well. It’s quite the conversation piece in the neighborhood :slight_smile: It really has cut down on the number of people knocking on our door so I think it works.

6 Likes

Oh, I like your version better!

:grin:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been wanting to do it over again though. I want to do something a bit nicer than just the square shape for the main sign. I also need to find a 50 BMG casing for my large chime!

I also want to add an exception box into it below the “will be complete”. Something that says “Except Girl Scouts selling cookies. We love cookies!” Or something along those lines.

4 Likes

Thank you for the file and the laugh.

2 Likes

Great sign. My dad may have to get this for father’s day.

2 Likes

When doing signs that will be exposed to (wet) weather on a GF, you want to make sure that you get any engraved portions well sealed up with something that is water proof. I learn this the hard way, and had to refinish a very nice sign on my front gate a second time.

Water will cause the ‘caramelized’ engravings to run, giving a sign a 'crying with mascara" look. Hit the engraved areas with a second coat of sealant, it will keep your words and images looking crisp and sharp longer.

4 Likes

Very cute! Thank you for the file!

I know a few people who would like this.

1 Like

This looks sure fun. I want to make one, but use fake bones instead. Thanks for the idea.

2 Likes

My DH thought I’d be hanging little skeletons from it!

2 Likes

Good advice for the future.

This one hasn’t been hanging outside… I didn’t mask the wood, which caused the scorch marks. If she wants a clean version, I’ll make her one. (This was my trial version, which she loved.)

haha very clever!

1 Like