My interlocutor, @markevans36301, is missing!
And all his posts are suddenly gone too! Probably one of those random bugs; I hear they’re everywhere.
My interlocutor, @markevans36301, is missing!
And all his posts are suddenly gone too! Probably one of those random bugs; I hear they’re everywhere.
@Hirudin you were being a troll. Writing a tutorial is a service to this community and one does not need to be an expert to do so.
So what if he got a detail wrong? Bully for you that you happen to know two similar options exist. That’s no reason to berate him.
Simply pointing out the two options without blasting or gloating about knowing the software better would have been a helpful gesture. The way you did it was simply uncalled for.
There was an hour or so of back and forth. markevans36301 deleted all his posts in the discussion. I posted my first reply in this thread and that could have been the end of it. I saw he was replying so stuck around. Instead of saying “thanks for the help” he spent the next hour or so hounding me about how I don’t know what I’m talking about, insisting that I was suggesting something that would render his tutorial useless, and calling me a troll. The majority of the posts above were response to his attempts to belittle me. Notice how the links to the post being replied to don’t lead anywhere? That’s because those posts are gone now.
Not to be deterred, I persisted in informing him of the error in the opinions that he was espousing in the hopes that it might end in one of us learning something and an apology being made.
I guess after winning the game of “Do Our Eyes Work?” he prolly realized that his posts made him look bad and hid the evidence.
Now you’re calling me a troll, also based on incomplete information.
I won’t hold my breath for your apology. I know you don’t think that way.
I’ll post your quote here, lest the next forum hero think I am talking to myself.
Back in June I had the same problem @jwalton showed. That was the point where I stopped trying to understand F360. (Yeah, I took the quitter’s way out.)
I thank @markevans36301 for taking the time to write up this tutorial! What a great thing to do for this community!
I’d also like to thank @Hirudin for expanding/correcting some of the missteps! Certainly a great help to all involved.
@Hirudin you can delete your extraneous posts after #15 as well. The ones that don’t actually add anything to the question at hand of building a box with Fusion 360.
If you want to create an alternate tutorial for using Fusion 360, Dan has encouraged that and we’ll give it it’s own thread so people can find it.
Since @markevans36301 has removed his posts, if you remove yours and @johnse removes his, and I remove this one… the dust-up never happened.
Or I can ask @dan to just remove everything after post #15 without flagging them, in the interests of keeping the Tutorials area limited to tutorials and training. 
First off, my apology to the community for not realizing quicker that I was simply dealing with a common troll.
The back an forth was me ever more loudly requesting he contribute something instead of just complaining but each time there was just an excuse and or insult.
Again this falls mostly on me for not thinking that those who complain and troll are not the helpers in the world.
So, let’s talk about something constructive: There is a setting in preferences that allows you to automatically project the edges of an existing geometry onto a new sketch. There are actually two, and they work similar but with subtle differences. Fusion 360 Help here is some discussion from someone helpful. Thing is, with both of these off, the tutorial fails because you are missing necessary lines in your sketch. I know there are people that prefer to work with these off and I’d love to include a workflow for doing these with it off. So if you have a better understanding of F360 than I do and are not a troll feel free to either explain your workflow here or write an alternative to this chapter and @Jules will be glad to get it into the matrix.
Thanx
The back and forth was you not understanding my contribution and repeatedly insisting it was something that it was not. This is now continuing into a second day.
Can someone please, for the love of God, lock this thread?
This is getting ridiculous!
Agreed, and again apologies.
If it can be repaired without locking that would be better as there is still an active tutorial attached.
I havent turned any options off but I do prefer to manually select objects while already within the Project/Include command. I make sure that nothing is selected before starting the command, then start the command, then select the items one by one. I usually select edges individually because sometimes I dont want the whole face in a new sketch.
I’m going to flag my post above and ask @dan or someone on the staff to remove some of the posts without deleting the whole thread. (I was hoping he would see the tag I set above but he probably gets tagged a hundred times a day by everyone under the planet with questions that have been answered or refused a hundred times before, so he might not have seen it.)
Thank you,
I need to explore the Project/include command more, I’ve used it just enough to be dangerous. Getting to know it may well be the first steps toward developing a workflow for those who prefer auto projections off. Then again, most people that have a strong preference usually are beyond these first step style tutorials anyway.
Are you deliberately trying to make his head explode?
I’m going to lock this thread, since it’s attracting a lot of flags.