I am a little late to the Fusion360 game but I’ve decided I am going to give it a go. I ran into a couple questions when trying to install Fusion360 and I think this is useful information for anyone else looking to install it.
When you head over to download Fusion360 you might be surprised to see that they no longer offer it free for hobbyists or startups … or so it seams.
Follow these steps to install Fusion360 and to start using it for free! (of course you need to follow Autodesk’s licensing and by no means am I telling you how or wishing you to pirate this software…)
- Download the free trial and install
- Log in or create and Autodesk account
- Launch Fusion360
- Click on the countdown clock in the upper right
- Click “Sign up as a Start-up or Enthusiast (Free)”
- Accept the terms and conditions
- You’re all set!
I know this is pretty straight forward but I almost didn’t install it because I thought they had changed their license to not include hobbyists.