Game Card Organization boxes

I play Malifaux, a miniature wargame in which you choose a small band of unique units to accomplish a variety of public and secret missions against a single opponent. You collect a lot of “keywords” (mini factions), and I’m constantly trying to think of a good storage solution for all the cards, which are tarot- sized.

I made these keyword boxes and found thematically appropriate fonts to label them. Pretty happy with the storage solution so far, and it should be easy to add more boxes as I collect more keywords.

Card Wall

26 Likes

Cool project. Perfect personal use of the Glowforge.

3 Likes

Wow! Nice work. Never heard of such a game

3 Likes

Neat use of a repeating box shape that can continue to grow in the future. Could you post a shot of the individual box and how you make them hang together? That is very cool!

1 Like

Thank you and of course! Added some close ups and a design file to the post.

1 Like

The modular nature of these boxes held together with string is really clever!

2 Likes

The string is definitely a simple and clever way to hang… sometimes when we are in the throes of designing something, we forget that not everything has to be lasered – case in point, the hanging mechanism!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sure my early concept drawings had like hooks that they would hang from, but I ultimately decided that was over-complicated and potentially brittle.

Just make sure you don’t use elastic string like I did at first, because the string at the top stretches waaay more than the ones lower down.

2 Likes