Game - guess what I'm building - Arcade Cabinet

I got the joysticks and buttons in the mail last night. They fit the holes I cut like a glove.

I have more buttons than I expected when I designed the control panel. So I’m going to have to cut a new control panel (with 8 buttons per player, plus the start/select buttons). I might be a little cramped, but I’ll make it work.

20 Likes

This is exciting. Great job as always. You might just inspire me to make one of these for the grandkids. If they can pry me away from it.

2 Likes

I used to have a full sized mame in my office that i made years ago.

In our last office remodel i lost all my extra space so it had to go. :frowning:
I ended up gutting it and saving the parts so i can build a small desktop unit as well.

I’ve been playing around with design a funky angled case. I’m still working on how im gonna pull off the joinery. But im hoping it will look something like this.

Although this has been put on hold as i mess around building a PSPi which is a Rasberry Pi Zero in a PSP case that runs Retro Pi. https://othermod.com/ sells the boards and you have to assemble it yourself. He recently came out with new new version that is much simpler to make. Unfortually i’m building the other model so i get to deal with this mess.

11 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Love the angled case! Hope you find the time to get it together.

Real nice work there! When I build my MAME cabinet (next house) I’m going full on 4 players, 1 trackball, 1 spinner. At least that’s the design I’ve been planning. I also want to hinge the thing or make it all semi-easily breakdownable (it’s a word!) so I can move it if I ever want/have to.

6 Likes