Right now, I’ve designed it to be able to fit in a 20x11.5 area (which I think should work based on the release specs of the GF, which I think is 20.5 x 11.5). I wanted it to be able to be cut on a basic GF (or a pro without the passthrough). I used those “cracked” designs on the side to hide the seams between parts, and the bullet holes to align parts when I’m gluing them together.
I’m using an old LCD monitor I have that is 4:3.
I already have the raspberry pi, running the retropie distribution. So the emulators are all easy. I’ve found a few roms for games I want (at this point, mostly old C64 games, although I’d like to find some PS2 games I used to play a lot too).
These are the joysticks and buttons I bought: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N09SO20/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_1
I’m supposed to receive them this week.
I should be able to move this project forward this weekend. So I’m hoping to have more pics for you early next week.
I find the toughest things about this project is that each time I sit down to test some component, I find another game I used to play, and there goes a few hours of non-productive time. I have to find some boring games to test the components.