Game of Thrones fans

For all you fans of GOT (and those who enjoy a good pun). Used the cross hinge pattern to make the round pot. Just started playing with all the flexible hinge patterns and am loving their flexibility.

46 Likes

:smile: Great pun!

3 Likes

And what is the blue design? Are you using wet wood to bend it?

looks at photo
Don’t make a penis joke. Don’t make a penis joke. Don’t make a penis joke.

whew

6 Likes

used just plain 1/8 dry wood. The magic is the pattern. Known as hinge patterns, they allow the wood to bend without breaking. There are quite a few different hinge pattern designs online. Some patterns allow the wood to bend in all directions much like fabric. Pretty cool.

4 Likes

So like close scores in the back to allow flex?

2 Likes

The bluish one looks like a can to me. I don’t think it’s wood.

1 Like

elephant in the room. I came very close to calling it out though…

4 Likes

Oops, sorry to folks inquiring about the blue/black container, I misunderstood the original comment. It is a tin container that I did not make. I only added the glowforged leather and studs!

2 Likes

Yes, I was referring to the wood lable curved around the can.

The labels are leather. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I experimented a lot with this concept, It has a lot of holes but if anything it makes the bending more difficult, but if very wet and very careful and holding the shape until dry it will bend 360 degrees.

19 Likes

Very cool concept! They would be perfect gifts for GOT fans. I like the variety.

1 Like

@PrintToLaser the design on the front of the wood cut all the way through to the back. This allows for the wood to bend.

1 Like

Sometimes a penis is just a pickle. :cucumber:

3 Likes

…or green and fuzzy would suggest the need for medical attention

4 Likes

(standing on the doctor’s desk pointing at the condition on display) HELP ME…

@mercecarroll, really nice work there. How cool is it to be able to whip out an idea like that?!

5 Likes

I see what you did there. :yum:

6 Likes

Clever. Game of thorns. It’s very clever

2 Likes

These are great!

1 Like