Garden vegetable labels

Enjoy.

stakes

(Download link)
The typeface I used was Caslon two black, but you can do what you like with the design.

https://www.ffonts.net/CaslonTwoBlackSSK.font?text=Glowforge+Veggies+Stakes

• Why’d you lay them out like that?

I was trying to optimize the layout for engraving. Reduce the LPI and defocus it a bit and it’ll go even faster and still look just fine.

• I want to do these but double-sided, help!?

Engrave and cut. Then carefully flip each stake in its resulting hole. Turn off the cut and then run the engrave again. Voila, two-sided.

• My veggies aren’t listed, this is a terrible design!

That’s why I gave you the font, cmon. Go forth and laser! :slight_smile:

37 Likes

Love the way you have anticipated all the grumbling over a freebie! I don’t have a garden (Should!) but I love the gesture. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hehe, nah, I’m mostly kidding. Elsewhere on the internet people would absolutely be like that, but here we’re a nice pack. Mostly I figure people might like to see how I tackled the stake design, the double points are a little easier to jab into the dirt than a single one. They’re a little oversized, easy to read. I like how they turned out, but I’m sure people will remix them as they like.

5 Likes

Thanks. For my garden (if there was one) all of the labels would read either deer food or rabbit food as I cannot keep the pesky wildlife away.

5 Likes

5 Likes

There are vegetables here I don’t eat, could you post the design with just the 4 I do so I don’t have to waste material cutting all those extra ones?

:innocent: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Sure thing, wait by your computer and I’ll post it in just a minute.

walks away

5 Likes

Hey dude, it’s been like 5 minutes. I’m losing money here :wink: I coulda paid for the machine already except now it’s just sitting there like a brick. :smiley:

5 Likes

You should probably open a support ticket. They love cases like this.

3 Likes

Maybe Facebook? Isn’t that where everything gets fixed?

3 Likes

OK now it’s getting too real.

4 Likes

Here’s one you didn’t anticipate. :wink:

Why does anyone use them?
I don’t have problems telling a tomato from a jalapeño. Or rosemary from basil. Sure when you plant seeds, but you are planting the seeds, so you know where they are. The only thing I can come up with if you plant several different varieties of tomatoes for example and want to know next year to plant the good one again.

3 Likes

Nah I thought about that. It’s for fun mostly.
And jalapeños and poblanos. Probably can spot the difference but if you’re wrong it might be bad :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You were supposed to answer “Why didn’t you plant my garden for me so I could use these!” to get by a missed comment being anticipated. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know when I’m defeated. Gold star.

3 Likes

But then I sleep, and the next day I can’t remember – did I plant the peppers there, or the okra?

I had to make stakes so I could remember, so when I’m pulling weeds I can watch for the stuff sprouting that I shouldn’t pull up!

2 Likes

Very small garden here, so need … but, I did need your humor. Thank you!

2 Likes

Missing the Hoffa joke, and there is even room for it. Or is that the Meta joke?

2 Likes

The first thank you is for the laugh. Your post was GREAT!!! The second thank you is for the file. Your the best.

1 Like