*Geek Alert* Skyrim Display Plaque for a 3D print

When one 3D prints something, one is usually proud of aforementioned thing, and, inevitably, a way to display it is needed. Glowforge to the rescue!

So my particular 3D printed thing was from Skyrim: A dragon priest mask… That was then sanded and painted… And then weathered to look about a millennia old. What better way to display it than with a portion of Alduin’s wall behind it?
I couldn’t get a depth map of it, but decided to see if a high resolution image would work out okay with the 3d engrave option. I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed.
I also cut some acrylic holders to press-fit into the plaque… Which I adorned with more dragon imagery from Elder Scrolls Online.

38 Likes

Nice finishing on the print. I wonder how it would look backlit?

10 Likes

Killer.

8 Likes

I’ve thought about going back and adding some lighting, especially since the acrylic is press-fit into a couple of through-holes, which would allow me to hide wiring and components behind the plaque. Would probably need to add some aluminum tape on the edge of the acrylic though to help bounce the photons a bit more and diffuse the light.

4 Likes

I’m thinking light behind the mask that washes the surface of the plaque. I’d just use some fairy lights, they come with a replaceable battery and a switch so you might turn them on for the occasion when you want to display - no, highlight the mask.

10 Likes

Scary!

2 Likes

Very nicely done!

3 Likes

That looks amazing! You did a great job, and I really like the weathered look. I have no idea whatsoever about Skyrim or Alduin, but this looks so cool!

5 Likes