Geekwire article about the latest delays

The article quotes a few folks from the forum, and includes a statement from Dan. He says that 10 people have canceled today, which is more specific than what we normally hear.

4 Likes

I cringe every time someone calls it a 3D printer.

6 Likes

The article was very generous, GF must have friends at Geekwire.

3 Likes

Find this quote talking about the previously announced October U.S. deliveries interesting.

"We’re only going to be able to ship to day 23 (for people who ordered a Basic model) and day 26 (for people who ordered a Pro). "

That’s not information we had here. Yeah, I know it sucks for everyone after that date and really sucks for the International deliveries. But mathematically it means they would deliver more than I thought.

3 Likes

Well it is “ship” of course, not deliver. And I think that is probably only about 50% of domestic orders because of the large number of orders in the last few days of the campaign.

2 Likes

I don’t spend any time baying at the moon. Have understood their explanation of shipping from the very first day they started Production. I can do the math. And even at 50% it’s more than I thought.

5 Likes

If they are going to ship day 26 Pro orders by the end of the month, why is my day 21 Pro order showing a January ship date?

2 Likes

I don’t write em. Assuming you are U.S.?

1 Like

Can’t speak to what you’re seeing, but directly under my shipping date it says:

“This information is our best forecast based on scheduled production rates. Our forecasting software is still in beta. Your estimated date will be updated regularly as new information becomes available”

I very much doubt they will hit that. It still needs a massive ramp up.

One forecast was generated by an algorithm from some incomplete data. The other came out of Dan’s mouth. I know which one I would put my faith in.

“Air cooler”… Well if your waiting for one with your forge , then your going to wait awhile…

And 3d printer… Sigh

2 Likes

Yes, I am in the US.

He should have had that one in his October update. A big difference from what people are presuming based on the noise from the personalized email responses we’ve been seeing the past week.

1 Like