General question about replying to comments on “Made on a Glowforge”

This would have been my guess as the time frame is about right and I’m partial to it as my paternal grandparents had an old bungalow on carter for many decades. There’s currently a three story monstrosity there now. Should have just finished like a year ago. As a tyke, the family would go help the grandparents open the and close the house for the beach seasons.
Used to sit on the fire hydrant in the front yard and watch the trains go by.
When I was through about a year ago noticed ron jons was a no name board shop now? How long ago did that happen. Duffys has been closed for I don’t even know how long. And only had to run away from hurricanes twice I think.

1 Like

Good question. Hearts are generally good enough. Respond to questions. Make a post that quotes a few folks and respond as you like with more info if it is something you’d like to do.

3 Likes

Aww, what nice memories you have!! I do feel so grateful to live here… gets really crazy in the summer but I really can’t complain.

Yes, unfortunately some of the bungalows have been replaced by McMansions :persevere:… BUT there are still many quaint, beachy bungalows that remain so that makes me happy.

I have a horrible memory so not sure exactly when all those changes took place but Duffy’s has been gone for quite a while and Ron Jon’s as we knew it closed a few years ago if I remember correctly. Fortunately many of the landmarks of our town remain- Jenkinsons Boardwalk, Martell’s, Stewart’s, the hardware store and good old Borden’s in town.

My husband works close to you at Fort Dix. It’s a small world!

Take care and thanks for the trip down memory lane!!
McKay

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.