Genre Signs For Library

The Library where I work (k12 school) wanted some signs for each of the shelving sets that they sorted by genre.
They had no designs and no idea what they wanted. This is what happens when I’m given free reign over design.

All inlays are friction fit and stable from 50f to 110f so nothing is gonna fall out as the seasons change, Even those little tiny letters in the fantasy panel.

all PG materials, mostly acrylic and Draftboard.

41 Likes

This little tiny letters in the Fantasy sign are INLAYS?! I presumed you painted those! Jeez!
Amazing job on all!

7 Likes

Nice job!

2 Likes

Yep. Each one only about 3/8in tall. Weeding those was the real pain.

7 Likes

I need to know if you’ve transcended into a higher level of thinking after doing the letters in the fantasy sign. It seems that you had to, because the mind surely would have collapsed on itself into a mental state of chaos, otherwise.

Really cool project, I may not have been the greatest kid in school, but I loved the library. It was a great way to get out my own head, and the librarian was a great lady. She volunteered as a paramedic and when I get hit by a truck she was there when the ambulance picked me up. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Like those first fonts, for middle, school, etc.
What font is that?

3 Likes

What else am I supposed to do while on those pesky webinars?

Colonna MT

4 Likes

Very nice. That’s going in the collection.

woah

3 Likes

Simply amazing!

2 Likes

Would’ve used Comic Sans.

7 Likes

What a fitting collection. I don’t know what impresses me more - the awesome signs or your incredible patience!

4 Likes

I love each design. Each is a perfect fit for the category. If those signs don’t get students in the library, nothing can (except for maybe free pizza - ha!).

2 Likes

Your creativity leaves me speechless.

1 Like

we do a Read & Feed everyonce in a while… Pizza is involved.

2 Likes

Your kerf adjustments are right on! Wow. A labor of love, surely.

1 Like

Huge fan of the library … These are fabulous!

Did she tell you to be quiet? :grin:

1 Like

Actually, yes!

1 Like