Geometric beast

wahouhhhhhhh

1 Like

looks awesome! If I send you 900 pieces of Proofgrade :proofgrade: can you make me a backyard jungle gym size? :smiley:

3 Likes

Impressive. The math alone makes my head spin!

1 Like

The geometric sphere on obrary is the construction method that might hold up to that!

2 Likes

You just need a different type of LED system. My new Outback has LED headlights that are amazingā€¦not to mention all of the grow lights being used in Colorado.

1 Like

My outback is a bit older (2011) but the puddle lights are a nice touch. I wonder if there are aftermarket kits to change them out for brighter or more colorful options?

I wish there were proper running board kits for that year.

Did you ever make anything with this technique?

Back in grad school

2 Likes

I had a heating strip but a hair dryer will work if you dont have a heater

Hmm, you could replicate those modules with flat panels and connectorsā€¦ interesting design. I see they make a planar tiling, were they designed to also make other forms?

This design was to create a modular curtain wall system with aluminum and plexi. the gusset plates were stainless steel (i had access to a water jet in gradschool).
The idea was to use it to creat a covering and have the gusset plates adjust to change shape. I guess you could make other shapes with it. Again it was gradschool design research for an elective course but lots of fun to build

2 Likes

Resurrecting another one. Yay, polyhedra! :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW, definitely something to aspire to. If this file is for sale anywhere Iā€™d love to cut this and box all the pieces with a picture for my brother as a gift. ā€¦ Pique his mind for sure.