(German) Teacher Appreciation Gift

My wife and I have been taking German lessons for the past few months and tonight is our last session (for now). Combining our appreciation for her patience and teaching abilities with my penchant for visual puns, we ran this off last night:

…yes, there really are one thousand instances of “Danke!” on the board. :wink:

Btw, although I routinely use Illustrator or Affinity Design, there are occasions when Word or Powerpoint are good 'nuf. In this case, I created a blank slide in PPT, added a text block (cut & paste along with the "word count’ tool were really useful at this point), then added a “Word Art” block on top. Exported as both PDF and PNG. Done. Could I have done this in AI, AD, Inkscape, etc? Sure. :wink:

Btw, I ended up using the PNG as it processed very quickly. The PDF still had all 1,002 words as text glyphs, so was taking a long time to process.

29 Likes

It really is a thousand thanks! :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

What a great way to show your appreciation! It’s handy to have a supply of those boards on hand, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Lovely gift! It’s great that you used PPT!

Have you tried Wordle (or other word-cloud software)? It’s fun.

2 Likes

Yes – I used it for another another thank-you project last year. Works best with larger word lists, though. :wink:

2 Likes

Wow! Fabulous idea! I’m sure she will appreciate this!

1 Like