Getting my area ready!

Top on. Completely flat. Adhesive caulk and screwed down. Sealed with 2 coats of sealer. Same way I did my cnc machine table.

42" x 24"

8 Likes

Ah brill, thank you! My X carve is being delivered today! So I have a whole lot of assembling ahead of me

1 Like

In the Phil Johnson spirit, I started a new page on my website dedicated to the glowforge. There will be tips, tricks (once I learn and discover), free files and projects, and links to laserable material.

This is the way I like to give back to the communities. It gives a nice organized location instead of buried in a post with a bunch of comments.

http://www.designsbyphil.com/glowforge.html

4 Likes

I was nervous with that hole and missing handles… but the glass was not broken.

5 Likes

Congrats! :grinning:

1 Like

I was so confused that you were just now getting your Glowforge. Thought you had it a long time ago. Then the light bulb went off over my head. I was remembering your avatar and name from the X-Carve site more than two years ago when I was active. You’ve changed the Inventables Forum avatar since then. Welcome.

1 Like

I don’t remember that much packing in my box. The 4 pieces in the middle were not on my box. :thinking:

1 Like

They went through several iterations on the packaging. (You were really early in the process.)

Come to think of it - I can’t remember if mine had it either.

Thanks @rpegg! I cannot wait!.. until the new internet is connected.

The laser I got into about a year ago was the jtech

5 Likes