Getting ready for the Easter Bunny!

Had some fun with this one. Small gift basket with a woven look. All press fit. But I will still glue the uprights to hold them.

Happy Saturday all!

43 Likes

Incredibly clever! I assume the uprights lock the rings into place? It really does look woven! :grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah it does, but they really aren’t going anywhere. They are segmented into 4 sections and drop in between the uprights. I was going to do large rings but it would have taken too many boards. This allows for all woven pieces to fit on 1 board. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Even better! Trying to do that as rings would eat up too much material. :+1:

3 Likes

That is great but I wonder if the break happened where it would be hidden under the overlap might work out better. but I love the concept!

2 Likes

that is really clever. you could also zig zag them to make a larger basket.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. Maybe I’ll do it on the next incarnation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you mean like one of the bowls? I wanted it to look like a true basket.

1 Like

oh I realize you want it to look like a regular basket!

what I mean is that with a little adjusting you could take that same basic shape like in your picture and place the next “ring” inverted . if that makes sense.

so in your picture imagine that pc in the picture a B, then put A and C the opposite curve.

I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah. Gotcha! Good idea. Lots of variation with this one!

1 Like

I think that if the design was not symmetrical then an “A” upside down would be a “B”… :grin:

2 Likes

The Easter Bunny is happy - it’s a very nice basket! :rabbit2:

4 Likes

Ooooo, nice! Are you gonna forge some Easter goodies for the inside?

3 Likes

Super cool!

3 Likes

Super smart design, looks so clean

3 Likes

Brilliant design. :heart:

2 Likes

You hopped right on this project.

3 Likes

It is just delightful!! Well done!

1 Like

Great idea with the weave technique

2 Likes

I love this! Thank you so much for sharing. I have an Easter basket design on my to-do list (just didn’t get around to it this year, ran out of time) and this is exactly what I had in mind!