Getting Together! Glowforge 3-day event in California (not a sponsored event)

As mentioned earlier, it’s often the “outside of presentation” conversations that have the most value.

Still, recordings or livestream of presentations would be fun to watch.

2 Likes

Dang :confounded: I can’t possibly make it, but would love to be a part of the action. If someone does live stream it or record some of the sessions for those who can’t make it, many of us would all really appreciate the efforts!
The personal interactions give a lot, but the lessons learned from the presentations are also very valuable.
Hopefully someone will upload some post-conference photos, videos, and info.

1 Like

Heck, I could give a Livestream of using Gimp to get better vectors from a raster image, though I would need help in setting up a YouTube Livestream.

1 Like

2 Likes

(or from a phone, just use the usual upload button, and Go Live is an option)

5 Likes

Cool! now about sharing both or either screen?

we need something like this in canada would love to teach ppl new tricks and troubleshooting or even having parts in stock for canadian users!!

1 Like

Pop on down, you can learn from our hits and misses. If it goes like I hope I would be happy to help you with a Canada version.

“Build it and they will come!” This seems to apply to this GF get-together too! So many people looking to share and connect!

1 Like

I did click through, but I’m still not sure who she is other than another GF user?

2 Likes

I don’t know who she is, either.

2 Likes

Looks like she makes eyeglass displays? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them before, so maybe an active fb user? I’m not on any Facebook lists, so I wouldn’t know.

2 Likes

I have seen the displays and I am active on the FB groups, but I’m still not familiar with her name. Wasn’t sure if she was a famous for something else, too.

2 Likes

I wish I could answer that, but I’m not familiar with her either.

1 Like

Kathy is well known in the FB / Etsy svg files world. Mainly for the eyeglass holders but also a slew of other things. I’m coming t find out that the GF forum world and the GF FB group world seem pretty different in their viewer base. Her etsy page is KazillionArts. Not only is she a talented file maker but also a talented artist and sweet lady.

1 Like

Hi Christy. I thought the bio would show up on that comment. It didn’t. :crazy_face: Here eyeglass holders have been a huge hit for her both in physical product and svg sales. I love them but know I could never paint them like she does so I am personally super excited for her to do a workshop on her painting tricks.

Hi Forum friends. I have had my GF pro for almost a year but I am embarrassed to say I have only found the forum this week. I have relied mostly on FB groups that have been great sharing info but it is also a lot crazier over there.

All that to say, I am learning as I go how the forum operates. Please be patient with me. You can find lots of info on the event page (it’s an FB event) for our “Summit” This name was originally a tongue in cheek name but it has had a bigger response than I expected. :smiley: Here’s today’s update.

3 Likes

I wish I could join you! It sounds wonderful.

4 Likes

Hoping you can help. These are the topic ideas that have come up in planning this Glowforge Summit. What would you want to know about?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.