GF + Exploding Kittens = NFT

Have you all seen the announcement that GF is partnering with Exploding Kittens for their first NFT? This was so intriguing to me! (Still getting up to speed on NFT’s). What do you all think? I thought this would make for interesting discussion. :blush:

4 Likes

I am more knowledgeable about NFT’s than I am Exploding Kittens, so I will enjoy reading comments in this thread but I have nothing of substance to contribute.

6 Likes

I’m not familiar with either the game or NFTs, but I looked up the articles. This one was the easiest for me to understand :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m not very knowledgeable about either (I believe the NFT is for a game called “Happy Salmon” which is made by the company famous for the game “Exploding Kittens”?).

However, the idea - in general - of a GF design being an NFT is intriguing to me.

1 Like

Thanks for posting ~ now my post won’t be so cryptic. :joy:

2 Likes

Hey! Someone using the NFT concept in an actually reasonable way. That I can get behind. I am somewhat curious exactly how they plan to make “you can get it as a print-out” and “you can only make one” happen…but likely they’re not, it just sounds good on paper.

4 Likes

yeah, if you can only cut it once, what happens if you have a problem and need to recut a piece?

2 Likes

I own a copy of Exploding kittens, and an expansion pack that hasn’t been opened. We end up playing Bears vs. Babies more often though.

5 Likes

I think NFTs are ridiculous and for people with more money than sense. But hey… they want to spend their money on smoke and mirrors… so be it.

8 Likes

ROFL! They called it 3D Printing without choking! Glowforge has had quite an impact on the world! :rofl:

2 Likes

No. Just no. This is the kind of “oh, it’s just…” that multiplied by millions of times becomes unsustainable. Blockchain and NFTs and cryptocurrency are an easy way to determine who I do and do not want to business with. I get it, GF and Matt Inman aren’t going to miss me, but enough folks likewise vote with their wallets, perhaps someone will go “Huh… perhaps we erred here…”

1 Like

Seems to me some excited people working together share their excitement about something they are excited about. How does one make anything special in the day of mass reproduction.

There is such irony here. Something for everyone, but letting a few people get the golden ticket.

Lotteries work on this. Once in a while, we feel special because we have won. Chasing the special feeling.

Sometimes it is good to let the peasants eat a little cake.

5 Likes

I think you win “Comment of the Day”! :smiley: So much to unpack here. I had somewhat of the same thoughts, but with much less eloquence ( “Wait, what?! Ok, cool! Or IS it…hmmm…how does this really work…” etc.) LOL

1 Like

Would it be similar to how the catalog works if someone purchases “per print?”

1 Like

Is there a way to get a catalog design printed and mailed to you?

1 Like

I think that someone at Glowforge would make the design and send it to someone, for winners who won the contest that don’t own a Glowforge.

1 Like

Ah, that could totally be what it’s saying.

1 Like

Exactly - for this contest, the NFT owner can choose to print it themselves (we’ll schedule a time to send the print to their machine, and watch via Zoom while they print to ensure it comes out OK). Or have us print it for them if they don’t have a Glowforge of their own.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.