A bit late, here’s a gift card box I made for last Chanukah. It holds 8-ish gift cards.
- Make sure both layers are set to Cut, and put the small holes above the larger outlines. Print it!
- Stick the bottom piece (the thin one without any holes) through the side pieces (the thin ones with holes). Don’t worry, they’re symmetric and you can’t get them backwards.
- Spread glue on the lower edges of the front, back, and side pieces (see picture), and glue them all together. The two holes in the back piece should be at the top, away from the bottom piece.
- Light a tea candle, let it burn for a bit, and use a toothpick to gather up wax and scrape it along both the outside AND inside of the curved section of the hinges. This will help the top open easily and prevent it from sticking.
- Insert each hinge piece by sticking the long part down the inside of the box and feeding the curve through the hole. Turn them so they’re pointing up.
- One at a time, press each hinge into the holes in the top piece. The holes in the top piece should be closest to the hinge.
- Work the hinge a few times to make sure the top opens and closes smoothly.
- Get a cheap Chanukah art kit from Michaels (or something equivalent) and decorate the box.
- Pack it with gift cards!