Gift Card Holder Ornament - Snap together version

Happy Humpday All!

Well, it was brought to my attention that my Gift Card Holder yesterday used glue so I rose to the challenge and created one that is snap together.

Be careful when putting the cross brace on, it is fragile but if you are careful it will fall into place. Just make sure that you seat one side then stretch the other to fall into the slot.

I plan on painting it but thought you might like to have the file.

Here is the pdf of the file:
CardHolderSnapTogether.pdf (505.0 KB)

53 Likes

Another great design. Your skill and generosity are greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Thank you! I do want to make a change to the cross brace and I will update the file when I do. It definitely works, but I know it could be better. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thx as always, i really appreciate your frequent addition of great designs to the free area of the forum. You are very generous and a great designer :beers:

5 Likes

Thank you! I like designing so this is fun for me.

3 Likes

Again, thank you! Your combination of generosity and design skills is pretty unique and much appreciated!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Ver nice indeed! Looks like maple and walnut medium ply?
Thanks as always for your generous share.
Funny about the glue part…:rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks! Acutally, it’s just Basswood medium ply. The edges of the cross braces are what you see as the “ribbon” in front so it looks like a different type of wood.

3 Likes

Aha! Ok, makes a difference! Thanks!!!

1 Like

You could do the slide out in a different darker wood and it would match the cross brace. So that would look cool. I may try that.

2 Likes

That would look good…

1 Like

Thank you for the file

1 Like

You are welcome!

Made one as a proof of concept because it looked interesting.
Wife saw it and said she needed two.
She then painted one.
So I had to make another.
Painting did not enhance it in any way (shrug).
Much cleaner looking in plain old wood (or the wife is a lousy painter, but who goes there ?).

4 Likes

I like the wood too. But everyone usually wants a painted version. And wouldn’t go there with the wife either. LMAO

1 Like

Actually solved the paint issue.
It was the bow that just would not look well painted.

Solution was to take an end scrap of the same wood and paint it before re-making the bow sections.
NOW the engrave marks highlight the bow bends very nicely, and without any tedious focus to not paint into the engrave.
Very happy with it now, so thanks again for the design.

4 Likes

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Thanks for the nudge to make it! LOL

2 Likes

Well, now it just needs a special puzzle box feature… hehe :slight_smile:

2 Likes