Gift Cards for Non-Owners to Gift to Owners?

I saw an old post from 2016 but nothing recent - is there any way for non-GF owners to gift owners gift cards to the shop/catalog? I don’t want them just buying me wood etc., because owners get a partial discount that I would want to be able to pass along, but I couldn’t find anywhere that a gift card could be purchased for us by non-owners. Am I missing it? Is this a future feature we can toss in the hopper? It’s such an easy holiday gift for our family to give those of us blazing through our materials :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never did happen. But it’s overdue. GF is essentially throwing away sales by not doing it.

7 Likes

Yeah. Kind of bummed I can’t add PG materials to my wish list.

3 Likes

I know, right? It takes up a decent chunk of my creative time and energy, they see everything I am making, and I have to tell them to essentially just give me cash/a check if they want to support it, which they aren’t a big fan of (can’t blame them, feels impersonal and cheap). Can’t imagine it would be that big a step at this juncture, either, esp with holidays around the bend (ie, here already)…

1 Like

I don’t get a discount, so I’d also be just as happy if they sent me the actual materials. :slight_smile: But either way, SOME path to gifting would be good.

1 Like

Let me jump in on this as another that wants it. Literally everything I want for xmas is too much for family. Proofgrade wood would be a GREAT gift for me but no way for them to get it.

3 Likes

Anyone know how we flag in one of the mods/admins to see if our dreams can come true in time? ;|

I dont know if Friends you add to your account have access to the shop yet but it was mentioned in the link below.

It could be a workaround for the gifting inquiries.

Yes. People you add do have access to the shop. But also your GF. :slight_smile:

If they’re close enough to accept gifts from, they’re close enough to trust they won’t try to run jobs. I mean they cant run jobs remotely anyway. The only issue is they can see what’s in the GF so you might not want to leave XXX rated stuff laying around in the unit.

2 Likes

or any gifts you cut for them…

2 Likes

We obviously have different families. And households… :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, though, my wish list goes to 20+ people. It’s just not practical or appealing to add them all so they can buy PG material. There has to be a better way.

1 Like

I mean, my family isnt big into the gift exchange thing anymore but when we do, we all appreciate gag gifts…

1 Like

Our kids are all a bit too young for that level of gag gift, but carry on. Sounds like a very merry Christmas!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.