Gift Cardstock Package Box Template

For some reason flat pack box templates are interesting to me. How people can unwrap a three dimensional object into two dimensions or vice versa impresses me.

This was my first attempt and seeing how it would unravel to create such a template using GlowForge. I found a picture of a box package online, traced it out in Inkscape with cut and score lines. I used cardstock and spray-glued some decorative paper to it before cutting. You could print out pattern first negating use for decorative paper.

Overall I’m satisfied with an 7 of 10. -1 for Inkscape tracing skills (just good enough), -1 for visible scorch marks (mmmhhmmm burnt paper smell), -1 for paper delaminating from cardstock.

On my Glowforge Pro I use 500/10 for cut/scoring and 500 /Full Power for cutting. I also score first, then cut in order of operations.

I tape the cardstock/paper to the crumb tray using blue painters tape and hope for the best.

Obviously this isn’t the first, lot’s of good resources in this post: Cardstock Box patterns

box_packaging

52 Likes

This looks very good. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

6 Likes

Hey nice work. Welcome to the forum.

You might like this:

9 Likes

Good job! Paper varies so widely, but, you can usually avoid most of the char on the edges with some testing. Nice of you to share.

3 Likes

You may have fun with this site when you don’t feel like tracing. ✂Templatemaker ︎

9 Likes

What a nice template! Thanks for the share.

3 Likes

Thank you for this! Just in time for the holidays!!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome and thanks for the share!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Very cool, thanks

1 Like

Very handy and looks excellent when assembled, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great little design, thanks for sharing with us.

1 Like

Nice share! Great for gifts. The first time I tried this it didn’t work. I used PG Thick Cherry Ply. Not sure what happened. Maybe post this is Problems and Support.

Just Kidding.

6 Likes

Thank You for sharing. Great helpful design.

3 Likes

I like the little notch in the lower flaps. Gives the flaps a neat, close fit for a pretty flat closure. Thanks for sharing this design.

5 Likes

@dklgood That is the coolest site and will be so useful! Thanks for sharing!!