Gift wrapping in a pinch with the Aura

Wish I could remember who said it on here…but, I agree…the Aura excels at cutting paper especially since the fan doesn’t blow it around. I didn’t even have to hold it down with little magnets.

We have three family birthdays this month…very close together. I realized that I never brought any wrapping paper or ribbons when we moved into our apartment. So, I had to make-do in a pinch. I also had a rather ugly assortment of colored paper with me here, too. The huge flower is from the catalog of free with premium designs. After I made it, I wanted to just make my own…and make them much smaller (even though the catalog design can be resized).

Cut a bunch of long strips and hot-glued them together to make the ‘ribbons’…as well as the loopy ones and glued them end to end to make them long enough. Still working on my flower petal designs, but I’m pleased with the outcome. It very nicely covers up the plain cardboard boxes and makes them look celebratory.

49 Likes

Wow…thw flowers jump out at you. The bright colors really look great.

15 Likes

These are amazing

11 Likes

Despite being in a pinch, you made that work quite well! :lotus:

13 Likes

Lucky them that you were in a pinch. The flowers are beautiful!! Very nice!

14 Likes

Wowie zowie!

11 Likes

Those packages are works of art! Well done.

12 Likes

All of you creative people amaze me.

13 Likes

The flowers are lovely! Did you just bend the petals by hand?

11 Likes

So cheerful!

9 Likes

Wow! Multiple layers with multiple colors just jump right out at you!
:heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Oh my, these are beautiful!

9 Likes

Get those flowers into the catalog!

11 Likes

I am working on my own version to make with fewer pieces, but the giant one in my photo did come from the catalog…free with premium. I did size it down some…it is huge! I think maybe made to put on a wall or something.

11 Likes

The huge one came from the catalog…free with premium. In the instructions it shows how to curl the edges over something round, so I used a dowel. Not sure I would have thought of doing that on my own, so in making my own versions now, I owe those tips to whomever made the catalog one.

12 Likes

Those are real beauties! Nice!

9 Likes

Pretty.

5 Likes

Those turned out so well - truly lovely (and better than any traditional paper/ribbon combo!)

7 Likes

I think those look so much more elegant than traditional wrapping paper. You nailed this one!! Absolutely beautiful.

8 Likes

Oh, gorgeous, and I love the over-the-top sizes! Your packages will certainly get noticed, and you’ll be setting the bar pretty high for future birthdays.

8 Likes