Gifts for friend's daughters

A longtime friend of mine and his wife adopted two girls several years ago. They are now grade/middle school-ages. One daughter is into gymnastics and the other is into soccer. I made these badges for them to display their passion. (stock photos, not actual likenesses; the girls are Chinese, and I wanted them to identify with the figures)

I realize my Photoshop skills need sharpening…getting rid of the background in a photo is not so easy, when it’s trying to blend in with your subject.

I’m going to determine where the center-of-gravity’s vertical plane is located, then I’ll make clear acrylic attaching points.

31 Likes

Very cool badges and I bet they’ll love them. And one nice things about both poses is you don’t have to sweat the center of gravity too much because tilting a little one way or another won’t look really odd. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They’ll be thrilled!

3 Likes

They will cherish them!

2 Likes

You are a good friend.

2 Likes

Thanks. The girls’ parents are actually my ex-husband and his wife. He and I were best friends before we got married, and we always believed that it was better to be friends than to stay married. I’m so glad they keep in touch with me.

I know the girls have wonderful parents. It makes my heart feel good to know that the two are growing up to be healthy and happy.

2 Likes

Those are great!

3 Likes

:musical_note: Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Aww, thank you!

1 Like

Happy birthday @designvh619. :birthday:

2 Likes

Kudos to you for being an evolved woman. If Eric ever became my ex-husband my new address would be—-

3881 Stewarts Lane
Nashville, Tennessee 37218

1 Like

Nice gift … glad you stayed friends … friendship is a wonderful treasure.

3 Likes

I mailed the package about middle of last week, and they got it on Saturday. I sent the two acrylic engraved tags, and some cardstock cutouts including the word “courage”. His daughters loved it! This is what Rob had to say:

"It’s significant that you chose the word “Courage” for one of the cutouts, since it has special meaning for us. [Youngest daughter] is a bit fragile emotionally, and I worry about her facing a world full of bullies and careless jerks. There have been several times in skating, swimming, and gymnastics in which failure and injury thwarted her time and again, but with a little encouragement, she kept trying and ultimately succeeded. Courage has become something of a motto I share with her.

Thank you!"

1 Like