Gingerbread scene (Oh the stench!)

Who would have thunk gingerbread would stink so bad! Holly cow, the acrid taste rivals extruded acrylic. :scream: I would have never thought it could cut such fine detail though. Still have to put it together so lots of opportunity to break it still :slight_smile:

39 Likes

Super cool!!! Can’t wait to see it finished!

3 Likes

wonderful, CA or Icing to glue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds inedible post lasering?

3 Likes

Awe-SOME! (Since I’ve found most of the gingerbread houses that I’ve built to be quite inedible after sitting out on a table for a couple weeks anyway, the taste shouldn’t matter
can’t wait to see the finished product!)

Have you got your meringue powder for the Royal Icing?

4 Likes

Love your ‘stinky house’.!That will look so cool when you get it assembled. I also love seeing your ‘signature’ dog silhouettes down there along the bottom.

4 Likes

What fun!!! I’ll have to show my wife.

3 Likes

That looks like it will be worth it!

4 Likes

Gonna go incing all the way :slight_smile: (Or at least hope to.)

5 Likes

Chef hubby has the icing all good to go, but I have not a clue what it is :stuck_out_tongue:

You totally underestimate the appetite of someone who loves gingerbread. I don’t care how stale it is lol :woman_cook:

9 Likes

It’s only edible if you really, really hate the person you’re feeding it to. :nauseated_face: The second the laser hit the sheet of gingerbread the whole than stank.

3 Likes

Oh, that is going to be so cool when finished! Can’t wait to see!

4 Likes

Will totally blow away the competition ( if there is a competition).

Just a thought to what ingredient stinks worst and perhaps modify the batch for what gets lasered.

5 Likes

What a cool idea! Can’t wait to see it! Thank you for the stink warning!

1 Like

I have a great structural frosting recipe. It affectionately know as concrete frosting in my family. 100% edible but you would probably break a tooth.

3 Likes

Hubby made 20 gingerbread houses for his clients to decorate and he always brings me an extra sheet or two to play with just for fun . The cool part this year was being able to whip out the pieces with the GF so we could spend more time decorating it together.

So here is this years final creation, “Casa De Sweetwater”. It’s a little Spanish scene which included three Ibizan Hounds chasing some rabbits in the back. There’s a little cemetery to honor the ancestors, a barn for the animals and a little fire oven as well. Hubby just rolled his eyes when I did it, but my favorite part is the goat on the roof of the barn :grin:::goat: I’m happy with it even if it’s a bit messy and silly :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Absolutely amazing! It’s clear that you had a lot of fun. But, eek! My teeth are twinging.

2 Likes

So much fun!! I love the goat on the roof!!

And yeah, that’s alot of sugar! Lol

2 Likes

Yeah, I think my favorite is the goat on the roof too! It’s a bit of whimsy that you just wouldn’t normally think of, but it makes me happy. :smile:

4 Likes

Mark, would you be willing to share your structural frosting recipe?

1 Like