Gingerforge!

Very cool. That is so clever. Before I clicked I thought you were going to show us Jessica Chastain’s personal Glowforge.

10 Likes

That is so clever! Well done! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thats awesome! Is the lid made of sugar?

2 Likes

Yes! It was my first attempt at sugar glass and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

10 Likes

yeah that turned out fantastic. Hot boiled sugar is basically sweet napalm, dont get any on ya, it hurts and does not wipe off well! haha experience, unfortunately.

7 Likes

Looks good!

You can’t eat your gingerforge until you’ve finished all of your vegetables and preorders. :grin:

21 Likes

Dude, you made Boing-Boing. Now it’s full circle 'cause the article on the launch in BoingBoing led me to the Glowforge.

13 Likes

Congrats! <3 boingboing, have been reading it forever!

8 Likes

WHAT?!?!?! This is fantastic. I love this.

2 Likes

Hahaha, that is so great

1 Like

Wow. I’ve worked on some pretty big gingerbread projects before, but I definitely need to up my game to get to this level. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

my family has a decidedly non-traditional gingerbread creche that is always being remade as older bits crumble away. Some of the oldest parts are over 25 years old! Nothing like the skills @nathan_p has shown us, but still fun!
I only managed to take one photo of it this year; the back wall of the chinese restaurant (because of course that is the only restaurant that would have been open on christmas… did I mention we are non-traditional?)

15 Likes