Gingerforge!

With some dough and candy left over from another gingerbread project, I thought I’d try my hand at making a 1/4-scale gingerbread Glowforge.

If you open the lid, you can see the laser tube, the honeycomb grid, the laser head and gantry, and a little circuit board. Oh, also the work-in-progress that just finished being cut.

Of course, it’s 100% edible, as all such creations should be. And all I could think while I was making it was how much easier it might be if I could laser-cut the pieces. :slight_smile:

95 Likes

Oh no! Burning Bob the gingerbread man :grinning:

14 Likes

Big :squeee: all around. Thats looks mmmm yummy good. Love the candy cane for the tube and the smartie candy for the big button.:smile:

12 Likes

The candy cane for the laser tube is inspired!

12 Likes

Awesome.

7 Likes

Wait wait wait, your comment infers that the real GF isn’t edible . I thought CO2 laser engravers were delicacies. I may of been mislead by the marketing videos.

15 Likes

Oooooh just clicked on the link for your other gingerbread project…love love love it!! Brought back memories of days of past…lol
Future and past tech :smile::smile:

10 Likes

Whoa! Circuit board? Laser head and laser cut gingerbread boy? Lid? I may be biased, but I think you outdid yourself. I like the GF even more than the retro Apple 2 computer. Go :glowforge: - Rich

14 Likes

Oh, wow! That is wonderful! I just love all your attention to detail! :christmas_tree:

14 Likes

The wafer as the crumb tray is so fitting!!! Well done. :smiley:

12 Likes

:glowforge::squeee::glowforge:
Holy crap man! That is pretty spectacular, you definitely get the GF uber fan of the month award for that one :yum:

12 Likes

Awesome!

4 Likes

Looks delicious!

5 Likes

I love this. LOVE THIS.

17 Likes

Holy smokes! It’s quite a work of art! The solid sugar glass lid is a great touch.

7 Likes

No words! :heart_eyes:

(And yeah, this is going into the Weekly Highlights reel…)

11 Likes

I was especially amused by the use of wafer cookie for the gantry bed and candy cane for the CO2 tube. :laughing: Excellent abuse of confectionary textures! :smiley:

12 Likes

Wowsa. This is very, very awesome.

11 Likes

So very delightful! I want to go make complicated cookies now!

6 Likes

That’s freaking awesome! Haha well done!

2 Likes