Gkids on a Photo Tile

I’ve been playing with tiles again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This one is of my grandkids, photo prepped with @jbmanning5’s photo action for Affinity Photo, which I’ve been beta testing.

This was a plain white glazed tile from Home Depot – after engraving I colored it with an Uni Posca oil-based black marker, then used fine sandpaper to remove the excess when it had dried.

Original photo:

JBized photo:

38 Likes

Looks great! Can even see the individual hairs!

3 Likes

I owe it all to @jbmanning5’s wizardry!

4 Likes

I really like the amount of detail. Any idea when the photo action will be released? Secondary question: Do you use any of the Affinity software for iPad? Opinions as a glowforge user?

2 Likes

I have the iPad versions, but haven’t used them a lot. They’re actually very intuitive, especially nice with an Apple pencil, but I learned the computer software first and my laptop is always nearby, and it’s easier to grab it than to try to learn the different ways of doing things on the iPad. :woman_shrugging:

I don’t have any info on when @jbmanning5 plans to release the action, but I’m sure he’ll be around soon and can chime in. :wink:

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2:

I do want to test it on the iPad also. Need to buy a copy - if it’ll work on my mini. But, I think the ability to run it on the iPad would be really awesome!

3 Likes

Well, that answers that. I’m surprised that it let me buy it. I think I’ll skip on buying a new iPad for testing purposes. :slight_smile:

Come on over and you can borrow mine. :wink:

2 Likes

It tried! I just airdropped the macro file to the iPad and it tried to load Affinity right up automatically. Do you have a MacBook? Try to airdrop it. I bet it works :slight_smile: There is another way to load them, but I don’t recall off the top of my head. From what I understand, you just have to make sure that you don’t have a project open.

I’m at the other end of the house from my iPad right now, but I think I’ve got Affinity Photo loaded on it already. I know I’ve got AD on it. I’ll try when I get up there. :slight_smile:

(Playing Minecraft with the two in the photo at the moment!)

3 Likes

WOW! Looks great!

1 Like

Very nice Ruth, she looks like you!

1 Like

Exceptional turn out!

1 Like

What a nice tile! I like the way you have it bleeding over the edges, gives it such a professional look.

1 Like

It always amazes me how much detail one can get on a tile. Great job!

1 Like

Looks like a winner.

1 Like