Glass Spirits Decanter

I decided to try the liquid soap glass etching trick mentioned in the forums. My victim was a flask my wife found at Hobby Lobby. I’m quite impressed with how it turned out.

61 Likes

The end result is really nice, I have never tried that method before.

2 Likes

A… glassk?

Interesting form, haven’t seen one like that.

4 Likes

That’s a beauty! What fun to have success with that.

4 Likes

That is really nice. I love the coat of arms.

4 Likes

That is a really neat project, and a great glass bottle find!

4 Likes

Awesome can’t wait to try

2 Likes

That looks like a really great result!

2 Likes

Fantastic work! Great find and great result!

3 Likes

That’s really very crisp!

3 Likes

Wow, cool! It’s not easy to find glass objects thin enough to go into the GF.

5 Likes

Yes it is. I found this particular little flask at Hobby Lobby. It was a close fit with the tray out, but good enough to work.

1 Like

It would sure look great filled with bourbon.

2 Likes

Turned out great!

2 Likes

Nice results!

2 Likes

Your decanter is beautiful and I have a design idea I would like to share with you. This only works if you have a window and get full strength sunlight coming through.

Fill the decanter with dyed blood red water then place decanter on a table in front of the window or the ledge of the window.

When the sunlight goes through the decanter you now have an amazing piece of art changes throughout the day depending upon the sunlight.

My design idea was first executed in my home. I now do this technique outside. I fill vintage glass bottles with various colors of dyed water. I place the bottles at different heights in the gardens.

When the sunlight goes through the bottles you now have garden art that can showcase your landscaping and flowers.

8 Likes

I tried that and for some reason the Bourbon kept evaporating ; )

8 Likes

I love how they turned out. I use that method as well. Works pretty good.

2 Likes

Wow! That came out really nice!

1 Like

This looks lovely - great job!