Glass version of pen and paper games

I had a thought after seeing a few people post their acrylic versions of the dot game. Why not use some of those reclaimed glass shelves you have sitting around. So I decided to squeeze the dot game, tic tac toe, and hangman on the glass. I think I’ll design a wood tray and frame and make it a “coffee table” game after seeing how nice it looked sitting on the wooden desk.

36 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

very cool idea!

3 Likes

Perfect way to do a chess board too!

2 Likes

Great idea. Make sure you post the finished table.

2 Likes

So you got my gears turning for an idea of making a chess board using two pieces of the glass. I thought about making a slide top box so one pane slides left and one slides right, but the glass proportions are off to make a “pretty” and seamless board. I can always make one on a standard sheet of glass, but these shelves are free to me and would just be thrown away if I didn’t take them.

Though if I stick with this wooden framed coffee table game idea, I could make a game piece board addition of checkers, chess, and reversi, etc. Then I could lay a vinyl magnetic sheet underneath and cut pieces with magnets inside to be the tokens. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Assuming you do not have a 3D Printer to make all fancy chess pieces with neomagnets inside you only need one side to be magnetic and the other side iron. Although you could cheat and reverse the polarity on the opponent’s side and your pieces stick tight while their pieces go flying off the table :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Correct. However I could be really ambitious, create a 3D design, put it inside a cube, slice it, and create an acrylic mold for polymer clay or epoxy. Though that’s if I were the really ambitious type and fluent in 360. I’m only mildly one and none of the other, you can decide which.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What fun! Great idea!

2 Likes