Glitter Acrylic Polyhedral

Although I rarely make the same polyhedral twice, I make an exception for one of my favorites, a stellated strombic hexacontehedron. This one is super sparkly!

https://vimeo.com/864633492

57 Likes

Indeed! Very sparkly!

9 Likes

Holy smokes

8 Likes

Gorgeous!!

6 Likes

What size did it work out to?

5 Likes

Wow!

6 Likes

~9.5"'ish…

5 Likes

Curious how long it took to put together. Looks like an afternoon job.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s gorgeous!

6 Likes

I think for a normal person, they could put this together in a couple hours. Unfortunately I have MS, and my fingers don’t always cooperate when trying to use small things like screws, so I do it a little bit at a time. Probably 3 hours total, but that also includes peeling the tape off of each of the faces. This one doesn’t have as many screws as many of the polyhedrals that I do, and the internal connectors fit really well on this one. Others you have to coax it into place sometimes.

13 Likes

You do a lot better from what I have seen than most people without issues at least in the result. I once had extremely steady hands but 50 years on and not so much.

7 Likes

You make these things and it just astounds me how you were able to conceive them in the first place. Great job.

4 Likes

That’s amazing! There’s obviously an internal structure?

4 Likes

That’s um…sparkly! Very sparkly. You’ve given me the incentive to try out the black-sparkly I purchased this month.

4 Likes

There’s a 3D printed connector at each Apex that provides the correct angle. Some of the polydrals have multiple different types of connectors, and some have one.

4 Likes

Nice - these are so cool!

5 Likes