Glock grip stippling

Has anyone attempted to do grip stippling on a Glock or other polymor frame? I have seen general videos where it is done, but not specific to the GF. I am waiting for mine to arrive and I am thinking of projects. Thanks.

4 Likes

@BSheremeto and @rotors have done a couple of tests I believe…you might want to check with one of them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great. I will check with them later. I appreciate it.

I only engraved an AR magazine. BSheremeto was planning on trying stippling on a Glock, but I’m not sure if it ever happened. He did several tests on Glock magazines, but I’m guessing those aren’t the same material as the gun itself. I believe there are also some potential ATF issues with engraving the actual gun, unless you’re a gunsmith.

2 Likes

My test frames are still sitting in the parts bin. I’ve been busy with orders for other thing so no time for testing. I need to pull the crumb tray out for some p-mags this week so perhaps I’ll be able to throw a frame in

1 Like

I gave my pmag away. I need to make one or twenty for myself now.

These are all for friends; im a pistol guy a literally dont own anything in a rifle caliber lol even my ARs are 9mm

Let me know if you do and how it goes. I will definatly try once mine gets here friday. Being in law enforcement there is certainly a market for it here and should not be any atf issues as you are not changing the actual workings of the firearm. Even engraving Kydex holsters could be a good market too. Excited to start trying it.

The funny thing is I now own 29 PMAGs and 4 other magazines for my rifle, but I’ve never had one round of ammunition to put in any of them, nor have I ever fired my rifle. The engraved magazine I gave away will at least be used.

This may answer some questions:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ruling/2009-1-firearms-manufacturing-activities-camouflaging-or-engraving-firearms/download

ATF is probably the last government entity I’d want to get on the wrong side of. :slight_smile: I don’t think it’d be much of an issue on a personal level - but commerce can change a lot.

1 Like

Well here is my test. I did it at a speed of 700 from 30-90 power and 340lpi. If I just wanted to mark then 30 and 40 work fine. If you want to stipple for grip then you should go all the way to 90 to get good depth

2 Likes

Just did this glock grip for those who are still wondering. Ran it at 1000/Full/270. 90% power would probably have been adequate but I like deep engrave for the grip. First test I realized the honeycomb was too big and didn’t provide any benefit in grip. Test 2 made the honeycomb a lot smaller and works great.

6 Likes

As far as setting the grip up on the GF, did you simply remove the crumb tray and place the grip inside or did you prop it with something?

Did you remove the crumb tray or did you leave it in? Thank you

I’ve considered this also and am curious how it would on the polymer. I know that the GF engraves through Cerakote very well . I’ve been wanting to Cerakote a slide and engrave over/through it.