Glowforge 2.0

23 Likes

@Tom_A Look, his gantry has a serious wobbly issue!

12 Likes

Had to check. First I thought it was a Make It Extreme build. Love the burninating.

3 Likes

Too soon… Too soon… :wink:

13 Likes

You do not know how much I want one of those! :joy:

1 Like

OMG!!! GIMIE Gime gime!!!

It’s like a plasma cutter but you don’t have to be right on the material!!!

I would destroy so many old cars…

6 Likes

internet suggested used in nuclear decommissioning

6 Likes

I was thinking it would be a great alternative to the Jaws of Life in getting folks out of their cars when crashed (although there is a non-negligible fire risk :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

yeah, it’s probably not impossible to mount the support system for one of these on a fire truck. imagine realigning though.

2 Likes

Having used the jaws of life before as a volunteer firefighter I have to say two things.

One, this idea sounds awesome!!!

Two, unfortunately the patient is usually to close to the area. Bummer right!?

3 Likes

sir close your eyes

4 Likes

Hahaha!!! Well yeah but he may loose his eyelids too lol.

3 Likes

We’d just have to drape an asbestos blanket over them :slight_smile: Like those lead aprons at the dentist.

Or, don’t worry sir, we’re cutting the entire back half of your car off. :smile:

4 Likes

My dad would have given his firstborn to have that in his machine shop. (I’m the last-born, BTW. Firstborn isn’t nearly as cute. :stuck_out_tongue:)

14 Likes

It’ll be out in 2020, no wait, 2021, sorry, but it got pushed back to 2022. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Middle of 12! Safe!

2 Likes

12?!?!? Your parents have WAAAAAAAAAY more energy than I do. I’ve got one and I’m walking around like a zombie half the time. I think if I had twelve, I’d just lay there on the floor and let the big ones feed the little ones, hopefully something nutritious.

4 Likes

I feel that some of us really fell into the cracks.

But I will say that three seems a nice number. I had thought I would want 4 but after 2 we decided one more(boy or girl) was good.

I love my kids. I wish I had a 4th to trade for that laser lol.

2 Likes

I’d be wobbly too. Scared out of my mind, and wobbly.

1 Like

you wont need that arm that’s crushed in the door

1 Like