Glowforge and Forum support

Glowforge support,
Hello all I’m relatively new to this world, just saying,
I purchased the middle of the line unit and received it a little more than a month ago.
Started having problems a couple of weeks ago seems like, maybe less than that, the unit would upload file to print intermittently, giving me a different messages depending on file, it would Glowforge supportprint some things just fine just not all the time. Then 3 or 4 days ago it started shutting down with yellow light saying cooling error on most all prints but some would print ok.
GF support contacted me today saying they couldn’t repair it remotely and will send me a replacement unit (refurbished). I felt uneasy about this seeing as to mine was almost brand new.
I want to thank all of you for changing my mindset about it. This is a good abgood place to seek answers from people a lot smarter than I am about these kind of things. Now in my mind I feel reassured the unit I receive will be as good or better than another one right off the assembly line.
Thank you all and thank GF for stepping up to the plate and say the buck stops here.

16 Likes

How has it been since you posted? Hope all is well.

Thanks for checking in on me. All is well here, waiting for the replacement unit. It’s been shipped and due thursday 24th. I’m anxious to get it. I think I had glitches with the new one from the first day I got it. Not knowing anything about laser printers gave me no clue what was right or wrong. It was as if it had a mind of its own some of the time. I didn’t give up though, when it finally went down a little over a month of using it here and there GF staff said I needed a replacement. I’m excited all over again. I’ll let you know how it is in a week or so.

Thanks again

Hal M

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.