Glowforge Basic

Watching the video, I have the impression that the cutting was done ‘in order’.
But what is the order ?
Is the order that in which the individual elements of the design were created, or modified in some way before you saved the file ?
I can see that on a fairly large work piece, especially when I get to use the pro unit, that consideration for the cutting order will become quite an important time saver.
Is it possible, for example to re-order the cutting sequence in the GFUI ?

if you look around, there’s some exploratory work on the forums about correlating specific colors and cutting order in the GF.

@marmak3261 did some testing and determined that the color that you select for the stroke does determine the order. (Black first, blue next, green, cyan, red, magenta, yellow, white).

Or you can drag and drop any cuts or engraves to change the cut order without regard to the color you used for the strokes.

So you actually have a couple of ways to do it.

4 Likes

This is what has confused me, as they seem to contradict each other, or does the second action override the first ?

Any thoughts on my other question about the direction of a raster engrave ?
Many thanks,
John

Yes, once the operations are brought into the GFUI, you can then change them manually by dragging them up or down.

Yes, engrave is always left-to-right, and it’s fastest to put things with the longer engrave dimension horizontally as a result.

7 Likes