Glowforge Catalog

I know that you gave us the update we’ve been waiting for, but the question I am wondering now is when will the design catalog will be out to use or look at I would love to see some of the ideas and add some to the catalog for people to use???

2 Likes

We haven’t announced a release date for the catalog yet.

7 Likes

ok just wondering thanks

2 Likes

@dan One of the things I would love to see is an example of some catalog files for designs that perform well with the Glowforge. Then, I could look at some details of the files (e.g., how did the file distinguish between a line that was to be cut vs etched, how do you designate etch lines to have different depths, can a design used for etching/distressing canvas be the same as a file used on wood, etc). I’d love to get a start on designing things – but I’m scared to spend too much time without some indicators about how it would perform. So – since the pre-purchasers are going to get access to the GF files for everything in the video – could we get them ahead of time, to use as design resources? Thank you! I’m really excited about all the things we can do when it comes!

5 Likes

Thanks for the request! Will discuss with @Tony how we can get people unblocked for designing.

7 Likes

Probably have to wait to finalize shipping else you’d be giving away products to someone who could cancel and not be a purchaser.

But still, I like the early access idea.

1 Like