Glowforge cut window insert

I designed a window insert to simplify the air handling. 5mm plywood from Home Depot. Now trying to figure out the best way to glue and paint.

54 Likes

That’s pretty cool! It’s great how the tool itself can offer up so many ways to improve the tool. :slight_smile:

How are you planning on sealing your various joints to avoid any air leakage?

2 Likes

Brilliant!

We are going to seal it. It’ll be up to the wife on if she wants to paint it or stain it. Either clear or white silicon. This will be on a front facing window to the house, that’s why so much work to make it a nice looking design versus just a hole in a board.

6 Likes

Wow, that really is a great looking louvered insert! :grinning:

2 Likes

Really nice job on this.

1 Like

Aw, geez. Now the rest of us are going to have to step up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hahaha! Hole in a board. You certainly stepped up to the challenge. Paint and weather stripping and that’s as good as it gets. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That is so awesome! I was just thinking about doing something like that for mine! Where I live, I’d have to work out a bead channel to install a screen to keep the bugs out.

1 Like

Finished and installed. Works great!

9 Likes

Show off :wink:

Really nice. Really really nice design. Looks great. You’ve raised the bar for out the window vents. :grinning:

2 Likes

that looks way better than my piece of MDF with a crapload of foil tape sealing it shut to the window frame.

4 Likes

Yeah, that turned out very nicely! Very unnoticeable. :+1:

2 Likes