Glowforge delivery notification UK edition

@andrew now you’re just showing off!! My PG materials have just been delivered, now it’s just a case of the waiting game. What’s the betting in a weeks time I’ll end up with a crumb tray next, then the Pro might turn up at some point afterwards. Sheer torture!!

Tracey, well it sounds about right after this long a wait. And we have all this credit and can’t use it in the shop or catalog :frowning:

1 Like

Awesome! This, is why I also want a 3D printer so bad :smiley:
I’m going to be adapting a bouncy castle blower to act as my booster fan (apparently they’re perfect as then shift a large volume of air quietly, can cope with static pressure of a filter system before them and draw less current under load… that’s what I read anyway!) and need an adapter like this. Are you open to offers of printing this kind of thing (for a price of course)? And if so, how much might you want for it?

Yes, my pro arrived this morning to me in the UK, but something happened during shipping and in the plastic bag inside the box (where the Glowforge actually is) is soaked in (what I assume is) coolant!

Just waiting to hear back from support!

:sob:

Nooooo! Aw man I’m so sorry. Hopefully, Support will ship you a replacement pronto. This is all of our worst nightmares though. Hope it all gets resolved quickly.

1 Like

Bummer! Hope the replacement gets to you pronto.

1 Like

They’ve just emailed me about a replacement! Given the time difference, PRETTY DAMN QUICK! Fingers crossed for an equally fast shipment!

2 Likes

Ouch, as @nathan_burley worst nightmare! Fingers crossed to get it sorted soon!

1 Like

:confounded: that’s so frustrating!

1 Like

Anyone found any good places to buy cheap / decent laser compatible plywood in the UK yet? I also raided Kitronic the other day for some cheap 6mm (might have been a bad idea but at 42p a sheet…), but I’m looking for reasonably priced 3 mm sheets of FSC certified laser compatible stuff, even if it’s big sheets I have to rip down…

2 Likes

Oh no, definitely worst nightmare. Good to know that Pro’s are actually making it into the country though (in spite of the issue you have with it). Pretty quick response mind seeing as I’ve just had my email from GF about the PG materials with the tracking code for UPS etc., and the box has been here since this afternoon!!

1 Like

Haven’t had chance to look (only 2.5 years!!!) Anyhoo, I’d be interested to know also. When I get a sec I plan on looking for decent sheets of bamboo so if anyone has any insight that’s be greatly appreciated.

I found some bamboo veneer supplier in the uk a while back. I’ll see if i can find the site for you. I’ll probably be getting some myself at some point

1 Like

@neil2 that’d be great, thanks muchly.

Yep raided Kitronic too, it seems fine, but haven’t found a good setting for cutting through the 6mm stuff yet, ordered some more 3mm and a load of various acrylic. I keep paying for royal mail delivery, but they keep sending it next day UPS? Not complaining!

@neil2 yes please would be interested in getting recommended suppliers names too when you have it!

2 Likes

Hey @davvyk did you get your Glowforge?

It was you that put me into the sale actually, so thanks for that. Will it cut the 6 mm on a couple of passes?

Is it not @davvyk who does the amazing map coasters? Loving those. Pure class.

1 Like

It is indeed me who’s been doing some cartography stuff on the forge. Absolutely loving it. Have a custom map print Business anyway so was always looking forward to giving the forge a whizz with my data. It’s not disappointed.

1 Like

I did. It’s been fantastic. I will say it arrived in a right state though. Box open with the lid of the box ripped clean off. Was amazed it was all in working order. Think customs must have checked the package and then not reseated properly. A disaster averted!

2 Likes

No, as far as our systems are concerned, everything is moving as expected.

You’ve been ripping up twitter too - my friend @eric7 and I have been admiring your work. If you included your referral code on those tweets, you’d have made a mint. :slight_smile:

3 Likes