Glowforge Gift exchange 2016

from what I remember of the white elephant game, the gifts are all blind, some are gags, and they must all be presented in one place, because the other part of the game is deciding whether to pick a new (wrapped) gift from the pile, or to steal one that has already been opened (which then forces the person whose gift was stolen to choose a new gift, or to steal from somebody else. There are steal limits, like each gift can only be stolen three times, and you can’t steal something back from the person who stole it from you (although, in theory, you can steal it back from someone who stole it from the person who stole it from you… yeah gets complicated.)

6 Likes

Right!! Haha its been a couple years since Ive done that. Haha. I gave a goldfish one year.

4 Likes

That’s the gift game they played on The Office!

3 Likes

Ok, I’m in. What you get will depend on when I get my Glowforge. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Bam! Okay cool!

2 Likes

Count me in!

1 Like

Whoop whoop!

2 Likes

I probably won’t be able to contribute anything handmade right now because my workshop is in pieces, but I’m in.

1 Like

No worries!! Glad you’re still in!! :smiley:

1 Like

Meee! I’m in too! I just did this in a facebook fiber group! So fun!

2 Likes

I’m in! : )

2 Likes

I’d like to play. Excited and a touch intimidated; but still totally in.
I can probably do international; but if I get an international buddy, it will be smaller and flatter and lighter.

3 Likes

Sure what the heck I’m in. Sounds like fun

4 Likes

I’m not too late! I’m in

3 Likes

Sign me up too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

here we call it “Amigo Secreto” (Secret Friend), and it is basically the same :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yep - that’s the white elephant gift exchange… could be gag or decent gifts, but someone gets stuck with the unwanted after all the “stealing” ( you can “steal” an already open gift or pick one not yet opened on your “turn”. I hated being early in the drawing at these parties since if you got a decent gift - it would inevitably be “stolen” by someone later. Always good to be one of the last to pick, You’d draw numbers at the start for the order. This here would be considered “Secret Santa” if you don’t know who got your name - or simply a gift exchange. :gift:

2 Likes

In for the win, got the perfect idea already.

3 Likes

I’m in !

2 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes