"Glowforge Hands"

I searched, but I couldn’t find it here. Anyway, I’ve been using my GF with a lot of masked wood lately and my hands seem to be stained this lovely shade of poo-colored brownish yellow. I’ve tried alcohol and scrubbing, but nothing seems to get it off.

Any pro tips to clean “Glowforge Hands”?

2 Likes

Funny, alcohol usually does it. Do you have any Simple Green or that gritty orange hand cleaner stuff?

4 Likes

I haven’t found anything that works except washing my dog. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Which suggests that maybe soaking my hands in soapy water and then using a nail brush might work, but I don’t have the patience for THAT.

5 Likes

I call it “laserfingers”.

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Laserfingers

And yeah alcohol or even windex/ammonia will usually take it right off.

5 Likes

ROFL! So will plain white vinegar if you don’t want to absorb a bunch of nasty chemicals through your fingers. :rofl:
(Love the description though.)

6 Likes

Nitrile gloves work for me. And you avoid getting finger oil all over your masterpieces.

5 Likes

I don’t know the name but soap for mechanical work with sort of sand in it was such efficient but abrasive. I have tried to do a DIY one using liquid soap and a pinch of coffee ground. Not as effective but you can give a try. On acrilic paint, it works.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone. I’ll give those suggestions a try. It’s a good thing we’re not shaking hands these days or I would be embarassed!

2 Likes

Dawn dishsoap with baking soda helps me clean my hands when they are stained…sometimes it takes a few washings, and it always takes lotion afterwards!

2 Likes

This. It’s also good for scrubbing out engraves without causing a lot of wood warping.

2 Likes

I have found hand sanitizer to work for most things

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.